Beach, Sun, and Fresh Salmon!
Which means... Summer is here! Now is the best time of year to buy the freshest (and cheapest) Salmon and We have the perfect recipe for you! This recipe is packed with TONS of healthy benefits making it one of the Most Nutritious Meals to Eat!
Salmon is an excellent source of MANY different nutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
Here are just a few of the benefits we find in: Protein, Vitamin D, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
* Omega-3 fatty acids. Benefits include helping improve memory and brain function, anti-inflammatory properties helping to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, and play a role in improving eye sight by decreasing intra-ocular pressure. Also credited with aiding in healthy skin giving you that radiant glow! Studies suggest they play a role in helping to prevent Alzheimers and Parkinsons' disease. Researchers today are looking at the role omega-3 fatty acids could possibly play in helping prevent and/or treat cancer.
* Vitamin D. An essential component for overall well being and health. Benefits also include improving bone density and strength. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to increased risks of cancer, diabetes type-1, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis plus more.
* Protein. Important in helping your body heal after injury, protecting bone health and maintaining or building muscle mass. A 3.5 oz serving contains 22-25 grams of protein.
6 oz salmon filet
1 small onion - diced
2 cloves of garlic
1 poblano (or jalapeño, Chile, or habanero) - diced
1 small tomatoe - diced
1 cup of corn
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper (we also used cayenne & chili powder)
2 tbsp cilantro, minced
2 lime wedges
1, Combine onion and garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil and fry until translucent. Add in tomatoe and poblano (or pepper of choice) and corn.
2. Cook over medium high heat for about 15 - 20 minutes to concentrate the flavors.
3. Tap-dry the Salmon with paper towels to get the surface as dry as possible. Then season with salt & pepper (and other spices you want). Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
4. When the pan is hot place a small amount of olive oil into the pan and swirl to coat. Add fish and wait for the edges to brown. When edges are brown and does not stick to pan. Flip and gently brown the other side.
5. Plate the fish. Cover the fish with the above prepared sauce and garnish with cilantro and a wedge of lime.